Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ocelot Heels

Does anyone know why Anthropologie is so incredibly expensive? I do think some of their clothes are awesome, but their prices are ludicrous. What's the deal? Is there cotton so much better than everyone else's cotton? Do they pay their Indonesian workers a eighty-five times more than what everyone else pays their Indonesian workers? Because their clothes are eighty-five times more expensive than other stores.

Example. If you want this top from Anthropolgie, you have to fork out $120:

expensive shirt


It is a cute blouse. But why is it over $100? It's made of cotton. That's all. Cotton. With some flowers printed on it. I don't understand.

And check out these wacky shoes. If I had an extra $330, I could buy either pair of these:

gold shoes ocelot heels


It's a shame I don't have an extra $330, because those ones on the right (called "Ocelot Heels") are rockin. What's really wild is that for just $370 -- that's just $40 more, for those of us who buy on the margin -- I could get either of these beauties:

hideous colorful things hideous heels


Yikes. 370 bucks and hideous. Maybe if I made tons more money each year than I currently do, I'd be willing to pay those exorbitant prices. I'd also have to become an eccentric old lady first.

So how about this... my new goal is to become a nauseatingly rich, crazy old lady. That way I can shop Anthropologie, sport those Ocelot Heels, and love life. Might be kind of fun. ;)

3 comments:

*star said...

Once I went to Anthropologie and they had a bed that would hang from the ceiling like a really big swing. I thought it was the coolest piece of furniture ever invented. I didn't bother looking at the price, but if a shirt costs over a hundred, the bed probably cost 5 million dollars. When you are horrifyingly rich, I would suggest swinging furniture. Just a thought.

be said...

I hope you're never rich enough for those gold leaf skimmers. (I looked them up so I'd know the name.)

kel said...

It was brought to my attention that I wasn't clear on my opinion of those ocelot heels. For the sake of those who didn't catch my sarcasm, here's a clarification. I said those ocelot heels are rockin... and by "rockin" I meant "heinous."