Monday, July 17, 2006

what's in my cd player

Spending two weeks with my parents in Illinois generally translates into me staying up uselessly late in front of the downstairs TV... alone. Just over 2 weeks ago, that's exactly what I was doing one night. Don't ask why, but I got sucked into this obscure PBS Letterman-esque talk show at like 2 in the morning. He was wickedly Republican, but really interesting, and he had the most fabulous singer on at the end of his show. Thank goodness I was up late watching it, because I've found my new musical addiction.

Corinne Bailey Rae. She's like 26 and from England. She just got released in here in the US in June. I love her cd so much. Really, it's constantly playing in my car.

I found a few of her videos on YouTube. I'm not the biggest fan of the videos themselves, but I'm absolutely crazy about her voice and style. It makes me want to start writing music myself... but... I probably won't.

Anyway, here we go:

LIKE A STAR


TROUBLE SLEEPING


PUT YOUR RECORDS ON


Hope you enjoy 'em.

4 comments:

the narrator said...

i'm confused. are you in illinois right now?

kel said...

No, that was a story that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm back in Utah for the rest of the summer now.

bec said...

She is pretty cool Kelly. Here's another lesser-known artist that I think is great: http://music.aol.com/artist/indiaarie/475170/video
My favorite song is Video.

kel said...

Video is an awesome song! I totally agree, Becca. Thanks for the link.